Friday, August 20, 2010

Outsmarting Daddy


Thanks to this picture Jordan is out $5000...to Brea. As we were getting ready to read our scriptures last night, this was the conversation~



Krissy: Brea, do you remember the name of the guy with the funny hair that we learned about yesterday?
Brea: Yep.
Jordan: I'll give you $5000 if you can remember his name.
Brea: Korihor.

WHAT?!?! Turns out Brea is the only 2 year-old in the history of the world to pay attention during scripture study. Jordan started with a $1 down-payment

Oh, P.S.- here's another conversation that took place yesterday~

Brea: Daddy, do you want to hear three words that rhyme?
Jordan: Um, yeah.
Brea: mat, cat, sat.
(I didn't teach her that)

Any advice you have for rasing a child that is smarter that you are would be appreciated.

11 comments:

Susan Whittenburg said...

You guys are in SO much trouble. Here's my advice. You better hit the books and get yourselves Doctorates in Education. That little girl is BRIGHT!

Chelsea Stewart said...

Ah, ha! ha!! That is so hilarious!! I can't believe she remembered the name 'Korihor.' I would have loved to have seen your faces...oh, Brea. That little girl is a pure delight!

I guess Jordan learned a valuable lesson at a good time; in the future, you better not make any bets with Brea, 'cause by then she'll know how to keep her daddy to his word! $5,000!! You just made my day with this story, thanks for sharing Krissy!

Brenda said...

Perfect temperament and beyond smart...you'd better have several kids because those genes cannot be duplicated. Truly she is amazing! Brenda Smart

Rowley Family said...

Haha that is awesome! I wish Brayden would pay attention like that when we have our study!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

You will be totally awed at what she can remember! It is amazing what they pick up. And, of course it helps to be brilliant!

Samantha R said...

what a smartie!

The Gibson's said...

That's so cute and funny. What a smart girl! I'd tell Jordan no more betting against her she's gonna get you every time!

Tawni & Dan said...

You really are in big trouble with that cute girl. Not only is she beautiful, she is smart too!!! And now she's rich on top of that. Brea has such a bright future- I'm excited to watch her grow up. Love you guys.

Elise said...

What a little smartie pants, I am so impressed, you guys are great parents.

Erin Axson said...

Seriously? Gus would have been totally safe betting me $5000 to come up with Korihors name. I can name all of the Kardashians but when it comes to the good book, i might need me some Brea.

Miss you guys!

erika said...

I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised - Brea is (and has always been) awesome. I cannot wait to see her (and YOU!) this week! I haven't had me some quality Brea-Time since April and I'm downright sick of it!