Sunday, August 15, 2010

July

Well, it's official. Brea is a genius. She decided she wanted to catch bugs from our closet (don't worry, we don't have an infestation of bugs in our house. I suppose this might be a small hole in her genious-ness). When she got tired of holding one ziplock open with her hands she decided to devise this bug-catcher. She lined up a whole bunch of ziplocks, opened them wide, and just waited for the bugs to come. See, genius! If the genius thing doesn't work out, though, I do think she has a future in modeling.
I've spent a bunch of time hanging out with other pregnant folks. It just makes you feel better about eating everything you see when you're not alone.
Get cuter, Brea!
Oh wait, you did. Here she is having a lemonade stand with my cousin Syd. This girl is quite the salesman. They earned $15 on a low-traffic road selling kool-aid at 10 cents a glass. You better have a tight grip on your wallet when this girl is around. She'll talk you right out of however much you might have hiding in there.

Of course we've also spent MANY a day at the pool. Lucky for you I haven't included any photos of me in my maternity swimsuit.

Daddy-daughter time always ends up happening at the same place...

Brea doesn't limit herself to getting herself soaked in sprinklers or pools. Fountains work just fine as well.
We also said goodbye to my dad's brother, my uncle Mark, in July. He was such a wonderful, funny, loving man. He will be missed. I am so grateful that families are forever!
'Till we meet again, uncle Mark!

2 comments:

Samantha R said...

sounds like you guys have been having a fun summer!

Tawni & Dan said...

Ahhh! I wish we lived closer. I would pay any amount of money to get a cup of Koolaide from those cute girls. Brea is seriously so beautiful. Will October come already?!?