Saturday, May 7, 2011

30's Not So Bad...

I usually love April, but this year, I LOVED April. It was basically a month-long birthday celebration for Jordan and I. I guess you've got to enter your 30s with a bang! One of my favorite days ever was at the beginning of the month. For an early birthday present Jordan surprised me by getting a sitter for the girls (thanks, Mike and Suz!) so that we could:
1. go on a shopping spree at the mall
2. eat a delicious lunch
3. go on a shopping spree at Golf Galaxy
4. play 9 holes of golf
5. go on a Western wear shopping spree
6. do a little more shopping at the Gateway
7. have an amazing dinner at Flemmings
8. wear our new Western wear to see the GEORGE STRAIT concert!!
9. Spend the night at the Grand America
Yeah, BEST.DAY.EVER!

It didn't end there, though. We spent my actual birthday in NYC with Mike and Suz (thanks for taking such great care of the girls while we were gone mom and dad). We stayed in the Waldorf Astoria, ate amazing food, did a litte shopping, saw the sights, went to 3 Broadway shows, got 2 massages each, and pretty much just had the time of our lives.

Here I am with my whipped cream birthday cake at my birthday dinner at Peter Luger Steakhouse. We ate a steak for 4. Biggest, most delicious piece of meat I've ever seen. Gotta love the sandwiches at Carnegie deli...

We went to the Empire State Building at 11 at night to avoid the crowds. We didn't quite avoid the weather, however. I'm pretty sure Jordan's favorite part of the trip was pushing all the buttons on the limo ride back to the hotel. He accidentally turned the heater on and turned the limo into a sauna. Some in the group were more amused than others. Of course we had to make a stop on Wall Street.
Jordan could not have been more disappointed in the size of the Statue of Liberty...The weather didn't always cooperate- but that didn't stop us from venturing out to Ray's pizza. Every day.My biggest disappointment was this pretzel. Gross.
Since I had such an amazing birthday I knew I had to step up my game for Jordan's 29th birthday. Suz was a champ and agreed to tend the kids again while Jordan and I had a day '0 fun at the Salomon Center in Ogden where we did all of the following:

1. surfed on the Flo-rider 2. praciticed our sky diving in the wind tunnel
3. bowled 2 games
4. mini golfed
5. rock climbed
6. played on the bumper cars
7. played arcade games
yeah, another BEST.DAY.EVER!

5 comments:

Tawni & Dan said...

Wowwy! So fun. You deserve it more than anyone I know. Glad you had a great birthday month. You're kinda making me want to be thirty. P.s. The word verification wants me to spell spermist- hehe :)

Lisa said...

You guys sure know how to do birthdays! Sounds like so much fun!!

Elise said...

Fun ways to celebrate the big 3-0!

The potty training story w/ Brea is hilarious!!

Next time you are driving to your sisters and need to stop and feed and change kids let me know- we are no to far from the freeway.

Samantha R said...

What a fun month! Nathan just turned 30 a week ago and now I want to celebrate more with him!

Kandis Mortensen said...

I honestly cannot see how your life could be any more F.U.N.--thanks for this wonderful update!